Tuesday 4 September 2012

Hell’s Granny

Its been nearly a year since I last wrote in my blog, although lots has been happening. The biggest thing was becoming a granny to twin girls in January. This I might do a “first year” blog later. Another event was getting a new camera in march, a Pentax K5 which I’m very pleased with. In my silence I have been away a few times to the Yorkshire Dales and a few days out here and there. I intend to cover some of these trips in later blogs.

Over the last few years I have been getting more and more round in shape. So much so I’m becoming wider than I am tall or so it seems. After a few false starts with healthy eating, yet again I’m determine to get fit. The food bit is doing ok as I discovered the Hairy Bikers “ Hairy Dieters” book and have found I can still eat tasty food. My main problem is lack of exercise. So last Wednesday I bought a bike, drastic I know. After a few little trips just down the road and to the local shop, I was ready for my first Photo bike ride.

So it was helmet on and into the saddle. Dunno if I mentioned before but I’m very unfit so my first ride was only to Kirk Deighton about a mile and a half away (starting slowly).

IMGP3755

My first stop near the Cricket Ground and to take photographic evidence that I was on a bike ride.

IMGP3756

A view from the above gate,

IMGP3759

A bit further on and up the hill towards the church. Yep I was walking but only because I wanted to take a photo, honest, not because I was out of breath.

I continued on foot through the churchyard.IMGP3763 

IMGP3799

IMGP3781

A view from the other side of the church yard and the more modern graveyard.

  I then headed back to the road and passed the church out of the village down the hill.

 

IMGP3815

Then I turn round and headed back. Took this photo and a few others as an excuse to walk up the hill.

IMGP3834

Then rode back the main road way and had a wander around town and  coffee at a friends before heading home.

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff Annie - I'm starting slow as well, mind you I've done a few walks as well as bike rides. Had a great day today - I'll be doing a blog on that .. glqad you like te Pentax you take some smashing pictures with it.

    ReplyDelete