Saturday 3 July 2010

Photo Project 1

After wandering photographically through virtual stagnant porridge I came across a book called  “50 photo projects” by Lee Frost and it made me look at things differently. The projects varied a lot and some of the ideas I had seen before but had never got around to doing, things like just going out and looking for subjects of a set colour or looking for patterns. Others involved some financial layout such as investing in one of the many toy cameras out there or digging out your old film cameras. I also had a look through Chase Jarvis’s book “The Best Camera is the one that's with you” . Taking the two together I decided to use just my Iphone  and any software I can use on it and spend a week using nothing but that phone. I had originally decided to post from phone too, but I upgraded OS and things have slightly changed to poo so using lappy instead . Anyway here are the images I took.

IMG_0340

This was this sky that gave me idea just to use phone.

IMG_0324

A pleasant evening at the pub perhaps.

 

IMG_0330IMG_0332

A gate on my way into town .This is a place I had some ideas for an image. I will be back with “proper” camera to take some shots for that image. Watch this space.

IMG_0326 IMG_0341

Abstract images top is my PC mouse and moving camera

bottom one is taking shot of pavement as I walked.

IMG_0369

The now peaceful ginger monster who had just spent the morning killing my bare feet. An attempt at colour popping using phone software.

IMG_0347

View from window at work. Very grainy and pixely but I done care I quite like.

IMG_0371

A moth and a flannel in a measuring jug!!

What's that all about then?

Answers on a Postcard.

 

IMG_0355

Chairs

IMG_0373

Window

IMG_0372

I can be cute as well

 

I learnt a bit from these exercise its fun to just go out and shoot.  Phone photos can be fun although I need practise to free my mind from convention then i may get some thing more worth while. 

Now what shall the 2nd project be?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Annie, I love these, I love the imagination that you have too!! I have no idea how to use an iphone, but I do use my mobile a hell of a lot now, not for any purpose other than my own pleasure but it's fun and also quite extraordinary how good these cameras can be! I can't wait for the story of the bandages and the man-eating bed btw, sounds fab! ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project and as Rebecca Said Annie - great imagination, loved your images and interpretation on them.

    ReplyDelete