Wednesday 28 July 2010

Tales of the riverbank…..

I have not had much time to start another project apart from the on going ones which involve film and will take a while to get developed. So yesterday I decided to go down to the river initially thought might be a good subject for my pinhole camera. While I was there decided I’d take some shots with my “proper” camera.

These landscape photos with smooth running water always look effective even though they are common place now. So having looked at the photo I took yesterday I thought perhaps that might just lift a mundane photo. Had a couple of attempts there and then but couldn’t get the shutter speed down. People who know me know how bad I am at the technical numbery stuff. Just couldn't get my head around it. So went home and had a read.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA  Attempt 1

To cut along story short I went back again today armed with a bit more knowledge.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Attempt 2

In the past I have tried to take a photo of fish statue as well but never got one so tried that too was about to change view point slightly but the heavens opened so I packed up. This is the result I will try again I’m sure there's a photo there somewhere.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

2 comments:

  1. wow Annie, just look at the difference between 1 and 2, that's awesome, well done!!! It's a pity the fish are facing downstream instead of struggling to leap upstream as they should be! Hey ho, still looks like plenty of scope there and is always fun looking for the right angles and playing with a scene to get it how you want it. Lovely stuff Annie :)) X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this Annie, well done a very good image (2) lots of improvement over 1, your perseverance paid off.

    ReplyDelete