Monday 29 August 2011

There and back again………and we finally got there.

On the day before I went to collect my Mum from respite I woke early for some reason. My two daughters had said they were going to come over that afternoon and we would go out. I lay in bed and was thinking I had while until they came around and in a moment of madness decided to drive out to West Burton and back. When I had been up there earlier in the week the photos I took weren’t very good so had another go. Didn’t work that well this time either but a bit better. No matter though I enjoyed the ride out and the messing about with my camera.

IMGP1600 

Got back home again well before dinner time. Had arranged with my two daughters an afternoon out and perhaps a picnic. Got a few butties made and Lois and Kat arrived, we had decided to go to Brimham Rocks a place we would go occasionally when they were kids. Unfortunately I think I had warn out my internal navigation system with the 96 mile round trip I did in the morning. Lois drove and I navigated from the back seat. For some reason I went totally the wrong way and it was only as I realised we were getting near Bolton Abbey that the penny dropped, we were miles away. No problem I thought we would back track and turn off again towards Patley back up the road. Still wasn’t 100% sure of directions despite comments from Kat, saying we most be it right area as we were driving through countryside.  Well we saw lots more “countryside” before we got there. The countryside there is beautiful and so in my opinion was worth the extra hours driving through it. Well that’s my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

IMGP1662 IMGP1665

IMGP1691

Brimham Rocks is an area of weird and wonderful rock formations,the area is managed by the National trust who look after the car park and paths. We only managed a short time there as we had arrived rather late eating our picnic in the car and a rushed walk around. All in all was a good day.

All photos can be seen here

2 comments:

  1. You are coming ion well with using the Pentax Annie - I'mk going to give your Olly a wee shot and see what results I get with it. Your daughters looked to have enjoyed themselves

    ReplyDelete