Monday 1 August 2011

A saunter and a soaking

My last blog told of a trip to Skye, this one concerns the day after that. Not feeling as energetic as we had the day before. Susan and I set of for a walk into town, while Walter stayed home playing with his photos. I was pleasantly surprised by Livingston, a river walk leading towards the town. We walked as far as a large civic building which had a cafe open to the public. So we stopped to have a drink (well it would be rude not too). I went to the counter to get the drinks and Susan spoke to some of her ex work colleagues . I had just sat down at the small table and put my coffee down and handed Susan the glass of milk she had asked for. So far so good !! Then out of the blue much to the amusement of other people in the cafe Susan had some sort of twitch in here hand and the paper cup with the milk in flew at me, missed me though although it did get my camera bag but it didn't soak in. Had to sponge it down when we got back to Walter’s. Although I liked the idea of the smell of stale milk getting stronger as the train got hotter and a large circle of emptiness developing around me as passengers left my carriage.

Here are a few impressions of Livingstone

_IGP0917 _IGP0925

_IGP0928

_IGP0932

_IGP0947

No comments:

Post a Comment