Monday 8 August 2011

What I did on my Holidays 2011….. Wensledale and beyond..

On the last morning I had thought to go up to the gallops early and take photo’s of moving horses. At 6 am I woke to the sound of hooves on tarmac. The first batch of horses were on their way up to the gallops to exercise. Getting out of bed yawning I made my way to the window and looked down on the passing horses. The next thing I knew I was curled back up again in bed and snoring. Finally rousing myself around 7.30. got up grabbed camera and went out. Was too late to go up to the gallops as I would have missed breakfast so I sat outside trying to get a shot of the horses coming over the rise near the village cross thingy. The landlady saw me outside and very kindly brought me some coffee, they treat their guests well at the Black Swan.  

_IGP1140_IGP1160

Yet again I had a full cooked breakfast and after another few coffees got my bits and pieces together and set off home. As it was still early I drove home via Knaresborough and had a wander around this time leaving my camera in the car. Sat a long time near the castle gazing at the famous chocolate box view. I love it there no matter how many times I see it.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

After an enjoyable few days away I arrived home, decided that had lots of the day left and would go for a walk towards the fly over and down a public footpath I haven't been down before.

IMGP1175

Race Course from the flyover.

IMGP1185

The path looked inviting and mysterious but lead, just as I thought, to a path at the side of the Old A1.

IMGP1202IMGP1215

Lots of wildflowers and insects at the side of the path though.

IMGP1235

Further down the path and close to the new A1 some fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment