Monday 10 September 2012

Route 67 or is it 66 ?

 

Monday again and the carer arrived to sit with Mum for four hours. What should I do? Had to be a bike ride as will not have as much chance to go out when I’m back at work. Flushed with the success of my ride to Thorp Arch I decided on going in the opposite direction and head out for Spofforth.

The confusion over the route number stems from the signs I came across.

IMGP3992

This one is at the Deighton road end and told me 66.

IMGP3968

This sign about half a mile or so one said 67.

The track is the bed of an old Railway Track so is flat and for a lot of the way runs through avenues of trees. It does occasionally open out to revel farms and fields. It is a busy time of the year and as on my last ride came across some working farm machinery.

IMGP3970

IMGP3984

This time the distance I covered was 5.8 miles and now my bum is less sore than after other rides but I’m still very unfit and I have stop often.

My excuse is to take photo’s, this ivy might come in useful in a montage? ………

IMGP3990

……….. or just an excuse to stop a while.

IMGP3991

Lots of seats like this along the way.

Again I was please with how far I had gone but when I arrived home I found my face was very very red. After a shower I went over to my daughters and my face was still red so was calling me beetroot.

The next ride I take will be either this one or the Thorp Arch one but this time will go a bit further either to a cafe on the Thorp Arch retail park or somewhere in Spofforth for a coffee. We’ll see……..

1 comment:

  1. Sorry way behind on these blogs Annie, glad to see yu keeping this up.

    ReplyDelete