Friday 26 February 2010

Mary had a little ….. rabbit

This week I have been house sitting at my daughters in York and feeding Barney bunny. Not that he needs much looking after really but has been quite entertaining allowing him out of his cage a little while each day. His main hobby it seems is chewing wires so before he’s allowed out cushions are strategically place around the room before the big opening and then Barney charges madly around then settles  some what . The first night he seemed fascinated with my left leg and at one point got so excited and bit my ankle, not so sure if he actually bit me but I did get a crack to my ankle. At the time  The Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog  from Monty Python and the Holy Grail came to mind. But a friend of mine asked if he was a weir rabbit. So its his own fault he may find himself as a character in my next comic book.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This is Barney sniffing my foot just to establish if I would taste good.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to take full advantage of been within walking distance of this beautiful city as I have been at work as well. But as I didn't start work until Tuesday night I did manage to walk into town in the morning which I really enjoyed . It was dry for once even if I had had the chance the weather has been rubbish the rest of the time.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA 

entering the city walls

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Minster

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

get a quite rest here no noisy neighbours

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

……. went to market

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Some asked a while back if that was a real street name so here’s a pic of sign and most of the street too as there isn't much more of it.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The shambles

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Hoping it will get warmer to eat outside.

Well my week in York is about at an end what a lovely place

I’ll be back. 

1 comment:

  1. We will as well provided it does not rain this time :?)

    ReplyDelete