Saturday 6 February 2010

This little piggy went wee wee wee all the way home

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

A few months ago as I mentioned in an earlier blog, I got an i phone. This has changed they way I do a lot of things. How? I hear you gasp. Well I rediscovered the “podcast” in the past some friends had made some which I had dutifully listened to but not really found the context interesting enough. Not particularly boring but not so I wanted to take with me on my mp3 player (yep yer don't need an iPod to listen) and listen to. Before Christmas this all changed.

One evening I was browsing through i tunes looking at the various apps and contemplating putting an audio book on my phone. The reason being that I had heard Stephen Fry saying how he lost weight by walking and the way he did that was to listen to a book. I already have a few audio books but being the lazy so and so I am could be bothered with the hassle of transferring them to my phone. I looked at the podcast section and there was an intriguing free audio book podcast. This was “ One among the sleepless” by Mike Bennett It had me hooked straight away. From the start its feels a little bit creepy and has you wanting to hear what happens next. I started walking more just so I can listen and even slowing down so I can finnish an episode before I get where I am going. Has got me some concerned looks as I pass someone in the semi dark and giggle. Oh did I forget to say it is brimming with dark humour. Mike Bennett reads it himself and his voice pulls you in wonderfully. check it out here

http://www.mikebennettpodcast.com/?q=one_among_the_sleepless

episodes can be downloaded from there too.

I was so sad when it finished but the day was saved the “Hall of Mirrors” is his next series of podcasts. This time its a collection of short stories equally entertaining if not more so. I’m not to far into them yet but the few I have listened to have some brilliant twists and turns just the right balance of chills and humour , read in Mike Bennett's unforgettable style.

http://www.mikebennettpodcast.com/?q=hall_of_mirrors

I'm so pleased that there is life after “Hall of mirrors” http://underwoodandflinch.com/ cant wait. Although it might be nice to drive straight to work rather than go the long way round so I can hear more. Yep as well as walking I plug it into car radio as well.

Well if you fancy having a listen and the horror type thingy doesn't appeal there are lots more on http://www.podiobooks.com/

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Neither of the pics have anything to do with the books mentioned above but thought the blog looked bare and this are the only images I had made that had a “horror” type theme.

3 comments:

  1. WHat you giving away free advert for Ipods now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry If i have messed up didnt mean to avertise ipods or iphone but just share a podcast by an excelent auther who shares his work for free much the same as we share images I guess.I enjoyed listening tho. Will delete if it offends tho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Annie you did not mess up I put a grin at the end so you would know I was being tongue in cheek, only reason I did that is you have started Susan looking at Ipods she is due to renew or change her mobile provider etc. I enjoy your blogs and wandering thought s:) look another smile :)

    ReplyDelete