Thursday 28 January 2010

This little piggy had roast beef……..

..... an Italian meal as it happened.

Things have been as usual here always way behind with sorting photos and anything out. I finally got round to November. This particular very wet and windy day I had arranged to meet three good friends in York . Walter, Susan and Sid otherwise known as "The intrepids" hell needed to be intrepid to brave that weather. One of our original ideas was a walk around the walls as the rain was that really serious stuff described as "stair rods" I think, that wasn't going to happen so after meeting the three of them off the train we went for some breakfast and a chat. Suited me if in doubt eat and talk. Where we decide to have a trip around the railway museum its free its indoors and its got lots to photograph. OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The Railway museum is one of the places that swallows time. After spending half an hour there we found the whole afternoon had past so we pulled up our collars and brave the weather again this time to have a look at St Nicholas’s fair which would have been good but the rain didn't put you in the mood for lingering which was a shame. OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

We then had a wet but enjoyable walk in the wet streets of York.OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

After that we settled on a nice little Italian restaurant were we had more food and a good natter. Despite the weather we had a good day out as always and I’m looking forward to a repeat outing.

4 comments:

  1. Ye Gods and Little Fishes Annie - You are way behind with that one :) Never mind, I;'ll put it down to drying out (from all that rain) and thawing out from all the snow in December. :) I better check I have the Intrepids blog up to date :) Still it did bring back good memories and one very big disappointment - I never did get my Steak and Kidney Puding did I :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great description of your intrepid day out Annie, I really wish I could've come too, despite the rain! Ho hum, hopefully next time!!

    I love the first of your streets of York images, it's just the right time with light still in the sky to show the rooftops, just how Simon likes it too ;) Great selection and warm description, all very nicely done Annie. Shame about Walter's pudd'n though :( what happened there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunatly the place where they sold his pudding hadnt a table the waiter said it would be 20 mins or so but wouldnt let us book one seemed a bit stroppy LOL so we decided not to wait and go to an Italian Walter and Susan knew. HeeHee I live about 10-15 mile from York but was reliant on the scotish contingent to suggest where to eat . They know the place better . I dont get out much LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can recommend that place to anyone - the do great steaks - and like Sid I love a steak. Mind you Sid wanted a fried egg with his steak :) I ask you a fried egg in an Italian eatery :)

    ReplyDelete