Sunday 24 January 2010

Yet again this little piggy went to market

 

This time last year I counted up my small change and found I had £150 so this year l decided I would save up and get a new tripod. When it came to counting it all there was more than enough for my tripod, so have seen the new bamboo touch graphics tablet I decided to get one as well.. This is my third wacom tablet. The first one replaced a ready cheap tablet which was 0K at the time for handwriting bat nothing much else, and when I finally upgraded to XP it wouldn't work as I couldn't get drivers. After a while I decided to try again. This time I got my first wacom a volito it was a waste of time I couldn't get on with it. I put it down to me been tight and going for the cheap end again.

Just over two years ago I was made redundant and as it happens turned out to be one of the best things that has happened to me, but that another story. The point being that when I had got employment again I spent some of my money on cameras and other stuff needed of my hobby one of this was a wacom bamboo fun still at the cheaper end but was very impressed. This time I took to it like a duck to water and with windows 7 can even write this blog with it instead of keyboard.

A few days ago my new tablet arrived. This time in sexy black and with a touch enabled on the tablet. I liked the idea of that because when i was using the old fun I often use to try touching the working area of the tablet instead of lappy mouse pad. So far I'm loving this its as easy to use as its predecessor but the pen is more sensitive. Its still small enough to carry around with me but the working area it more than big enough and this time its better shaped for wide screen.

The other new thing is I have got a trial of painter 11 and I'm trying with varied success to use. The idea being that I will be able to use for free hand painting and mixed media type stuff. So far I have been just playing with the auto painting and cloning and practising using selection tools. Having used Photoshop for a while I think makes it easier and both can be worked on side by side when i get that far. Anyway here is one of my first attempts  reworking an old photo using mainly selected auto painting. Not brilliant I know but the only way to get to know a program is to play.Clone of fool2remakepaint 

If i manage to improve I might post some more

2 comments:

  1. i like the image you have been working on and look forward to seeing more. I take it you would recommend the new Wacom tablet then? At moment I'll stick to what I can use - having tried the pens/tablet routine and found it wanting and under Vista it was a right pain.

    Good luck on using your new toys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant comment on vista as i skipped that but I used the bamboo fun alot with XP and again with windows 7
    windows 7 and I think vista opens up more options to use pen. I'm typing this now but used pen and handwriting recognition to write the blog. Which could have been done with the "fun" tablet. The new tablet is just one up from that with advantage of been able to use fingers as well. I would recomend you try again Walter for editing (making selections, dodging, burning are only a few things that can be controled better just takes a little pratise and I found one minute I was all over the place then it suddly dropped into place.

    ReplyDelete